As the UK’s national meteorological service, the Met Office provides accurate and timely weather warnings and forecast on TV, radio and online. With the Met Office app you can get these UK and worldwide forecasts wherever you go. You can also subscribe to push notifications in the Met Office app, alerting you of any UK National Severe Weather Warnings issued.
· Free to download
· 5- day forecasts for over 5,000 UK locations
· Push notifications for UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your chosen regions
· Text and maps detailing UK National Severe Weather Warnings
· Hourly UK location forecasts for first two days
· Three-hourly UK forecasts for days 3-5
· Three-hourly daily forecasts for numerous international locations
· Save up to 10 favourite UK or international locations
· Regularly updated with the latest forecast and warning information
· Social media sharing so you can share forecasts with friends and family
- UV forecast maps
- Probability of precipitation
- Temperature and Feels like temperature
- Sunrise and sunset
- Wind speed and direction
Please note the map layers will work best over 3G or WiFi.
This popular app won Best App 2012 at the Sparkies 2013 Awards, has achieved AQuA (App Quality Alliance) standard and has been nominated for a number of industry awards.
This app does not support landscape view, and whilst it may work on some tablets it has not been built to support tablet use.
This app is ad-supported. In response to customer feedback users can remove advertising for the cost of £1.99 through an in-app purchase.
If you decide to do so we hope that you will be happy with your in-app purchase, however if for some reason the advertising removal isn't working we are happy to offer a refund. We do not provide refunds under any other circumstances. All refunds are restricted to the operator's standard terms and conditions.
If you have purchased advertising removal in a previous version please select the ‘Restore Ad Removal’ button in the ‘Information’ section of the app.
Please check our website www.metoffice.gov.uk for more information about our services and application updates.
We appreciate your feedback, to do so please contact the Met Office at [email protected]
*** We did experience some issues around the last update but it should be stable now. Please can you try it again and if you still have issues, please contact us on Twitter @metoffice, Facebook or via the Weather Desk http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/contact who will be happy to try and help resolve any issues for you. ***
There is a known issue surrounding use of the UV layer on the weather map.
The use of Ad blockers is not recommend as it may cause unstable behaviour within the app.
• Bug Fixes
To provide feedback on this release please contact [email protected]