A practical calculation tool for jewelers, goldsmiths, and anyone working with precious metals. From bench to sales counter, anyone working in the jewelry industry will find themselves turning to Metalsmith Suite several times a day.
• Calculate the cost of a specific piece or sheet or wire in platinum and silver and gold alloys,
• Determine the cost of casting grain in a variety of metals,
• Convert the weight of an existing object into another metal,
• Determine the amount of metal needed for a casting,
• Draw only as much wire as you need for the job at hand,
• Determine the starting width for a tubing blank.
• Calculate quantites for gold alloying.
• Convert weights, lengths, and temperatures,
• Look up hardness, history, and properties for fifty popular gemstones,
• Carry metal specs and handy equivalent numbers in your pocket.
You're in the hardware store and remember that you need a drill bit that matches 20 gauge B&S. Lucky for you — you have the Metalsmith Suite in your pocket.
A customer loves that sterling ring you made but wants it in 14k. Need a quote you can depend on? Lucky you — you have the Metalsmith Suite.
Looking for a gemstone of a certain color but not sure of your options? Scroll through 50 popular gems to choose the right fit for your design. Lucky you!
Based on the internationally respected book "Complete Metalsmith" by Tim McCreight.
*) Ring length calculation correction
*) Removed Europe Metrics from Ring System