A free interactive metronome app designed by musicians for both amateur and professional use. Now also contains a Speed Trainer! Metronome Beats is not only useful for practicing and playing musical instruments: people also use it to keep a steady tempo during running, golf putting practice, dancing, and many other activities.
On smaller devices set the number of beats per bar and how you’d like the beat subdivided on the Settings screen. When you start the metronome it switches to the Practice screen, with its useful beat indicators. The practice screen has controls for easily increasing and decreasing the tempo in small increments, so you can start slow and build up your speed with one touch of the screen. On larger devices all of these features can be reached on one handy screen using the new Tablet layout.
- Separate layout for larger devices
- Select any tempo from 1 to 300 beats per minute.
- Don’t know how many beats per minute you need? Then use the tap tempo button to select a tempo.
- Displays Italian tempo markings – handy if you’re not sure how fast Vivace should be.
- Subdivide the beat with up to 16 clicks per beat – so you can practice the timing of your triplets.
- Choose whether to accent the first beat of the bar.
- Visual beat indication - mute the sound and use the visualisations to follow the beat.
- The metronome automatically stops playing when there is an incoming call.
- Your settings are saved automatically on exit – so you can carry on where you left off next time you play.
- Change the pitch of the sound to make the metronome easier to hear over your instrument.
Check out Metronome Beats Pro for even more features, including a “live” mode where you can create and play set lists.
Metronome Beats is supported by adverts, which is why it requires the “INTERNET” and “ACCESS NETWORK STATE” permissions.
For more help with using Metronome Beats, see our blog posts:
- Added new Speed Trainer feature
- Added 'export all' option