Installer for Midnight Commander 126.96.36.199 cross-compiled for ARM platforms.
Prerequisites: rooted phone and busybox installed.
You also need to have about 5.5Mb free on your /system partition.
To use MC, you need to either have an SSH server on your phone (for example DroidSSHd) and connect using Putty from your PC, or you can use the Terminal Emulator (please see attached screenshots).
Any terminal emulator application works given that it supports "screen" as terminal type.
The price is payed for the installer and the effort to have MC cross-compiled for Android, since MC is distributed under GPL license. Put in a different way, you are just buying me a beer for making it easier for you to have MC on your phone!
If you get an error related to "tar: invalid tar magic", please try upgrading your busybox (if you do leave a comment here or on the support page, please mention the version of busybox that you are using). Very few persons have this issue, and it helps a lot while trying to figure out the problems.
* for for "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" for some Android versions.
* fix for "failed: IOException" for some phones running older Android versions (less than 2.3.3)
* possible fix for "tar: invalid tar magic" error.
* fixed problem with "Cannot read directory contents" on some phones / folders.
* added busybox detection
* fixed NullPointerException in ShellExec.execute()