Want to report a pothole, broken streetlight, or parking meter while on the go? The
new Minneapolis 311 app makes reporting issues like these easier than ever. The app
uses GPS to identify your location and also allows you to snap a photo to add to your
service request. Reports are automatically sent to the City’s 311 system and routed to
city departments for resolution. You’ll also be able to follow your issue from the time it
is reported until it is resolved.
The mobile app can also be used to report such issues as graffiti, damaged street signs,
and abandoned vehicles.
This app submits data to City of Minneapolis via a third party service, SeeClickFix. The handling
of the data submitted to the City for servicing the issues submitted using this app is covered by
- Improved report submission behavior
- Improved report draft behavior
- New flagging feature for issue content review
- Improved messages for "no issues nearby"
- Several bug fixes
– Improved behavior for draft reporting
– Fixed bug with notice for "no issues nearby"
– Improved messaging and retry options when network inaccessible
– Updated about page