• Productivity tools
• Minimal propriety format, no lock-in
• Effortless and robust Dropbox sync (vs on-demand sync)
• Efficient offline search
• Filters for personal information management
• Markdown (multi-dialects in Pro version)
• Stock Android user interface: lightweight, fast, accessibility compliant
• Engineered to be compact yet feature-rich
• Built to be power efficient
• Automation support (Pro version)
• No ads
• No in-app purchases
Rated 4 out of 5 stars by AndroidTapp, listed as one of the best apps of the month
Minutes is a lightweight and fast text editor with special emphasis on facilitating the note taking workflow and the note discovery process. By avoiding the use of proprietary data, it keeps your note data (UTF-8) as independent from the app as possible. Background Dropbox sync makes your saved notes consistently available across platforms via the cloud (unlike conventional cloud storage based file editors). Frequently tested and refined by the developer's own extensive daily use, Minutes leverages the existing Android user interface elements and acquires only the system resources essential for your note taking tasks. Even there is no one size fits all note taking app, Minutes is uniquely customizable and fine-tunable, making it easy to balance features with performance. By adhering to the principle of using no more resources than necessary, Minutes is just as low profile as a note taking app can get.
★ Offline search
★ Markdown toolbar
★ 2-way background sync with Dropbox (a seamless automation complement of IFTTT Dropbox channel)
★ Export notes to SD card (Pro version: scheduling support)
★ Lockscreen widget
★ Handy note filters
★ Editor tools:
☆ Date and time stamp
☆ Go to top/bottom within a note
☆ Paste special
☆ In-note local find
☆ Batch replace
☆ Integrated web search
☆ Highlighted search results
☆ Revert unsaved changes
★ Controls over memory/CPU intensive features
★ Accessibility support
★ Language support: European Spanish (Natxo Núñez) and Chinese.
More ways to integrate Minutes into your note taking activities by upgrading to PRO:
★ Auto save
★ Configurable undo/redo
★ Tab customization
★ Metadata (can be used as tags)
★ Search by voice
★ Text to speech (language support based on devices)
★ Location based note filters
★ Widget customization
★ Customizable time and location stamps
★ Quick navigate to the last editing position
★ Day and Night theme
★ QR/barcode insertion (camera equipped devices only)
★ Dictionary lookup (requires ColorDict)
★ Scheduled export to SD card
★ Multiple Markdown parsers
★ Render mathematics formula with LaTeX like syntax (experimental, Android 4.4 required)
★ Additional Markdown symbols
★ Integrated search and replace tool
★ Print/Save to PDF (requires Android 4.4)
★ Tasker support (experimental)
★ Import from SD card
More about the app:
1. A Dropbox account is required to use this app. Only minimum permissions will be used to access the Dropbox account.
2. Minutes is not designed to be used as a collaboration tool and does not provide conflict resolution over what Dropbox provides (https://www.dropbox.com/help/36). multiple devices to simultaneously edit a file is beyond the scope of this app.
3. Google Analytics is used in this app solely for the gathering of crash reports. This app does not and will not gather personal data.
4. Location data will only be used for location stamp and location based note search. Location function is off by default.
5. This app does not enforce maximum note size besides the limit imposed by Dropbox. It is up to users to determine whether a note is too memory intensive for their devices to handle. I also cannot provide technical support for third party keyboard apps.
6. The app is ART runtime ready.
* Basic regular expression support for metadata search (Pro)
* Overall stability improvement (for better stability, consider disabling Preview in Settings)