Missing Link is the ultimate WiFi remote control, remote file opening, file copying, synching and clipboard/URL sharing app. Missing Link is the only app that incorporates these features and works between any of your devices (does not rely on a PC "server"). You can now remote control your Home Theatre PC or laptop (eg. while watching movies), and seamlessly copy and sync files in the background between any of your devices. If you have a central device you store your photos, videos and music on Missing Link is what you've been looking for!
You only need to install one piece of software on every device you want to be in your Missing Link network.
What's New: http://www.peaklabs.net/apps/missing-link/apps/missing-link/whats-new
Downloads for other platforms: http://www.peaklabs.net/apps/missing-link
Android Permissions Explanation: http://www.peaklabs.net/apps/missing-link/android-permissions
Easy setup and use
Just install on each device and they will automatically find each other within your WiFi network.
The perfect Home Theatre PC (HTPC) solution:
• Your touch screen becomes a remote touch pad with multi-touch gestures (zoom, scroll, right click) to control your mouse.
• Remote keyboard
• Media buttons such as play/pause, next/previous
• Volume control (on screen, and using your devices hardware buttons too!)
• Shortcuts to shut down, sleep or reboot your PC (Pro feature)
• Wake devices using Wake-On-Lan if it was sent to sleep (Pro feature)
Currently remote control only works from Android to control Windows, but more operating systems are coming soon.
File Browsing and Copying Between Devices
You can share folders through Missing Link that any of your other devices can browse, copy, delete, or remotely open. No PC server needs to be involved. Dual panels allow you to see files on your device and the remote device simultaneously. Because files open on the device they're on, you can remotely start a movie, play a song, or open photos.
File Synchronisation (Pro feature)
You can also set up sync rules to have your files automatically copied whenever your devices connect to each other. No need for "cloud" servers!
• Sync your phones camera folder with a folder on your PC - if you take a photo and get home, it will be instantly uploaded to your PC, by the time you sit down to edit it, it's already there. No USB cables, no hassle.
• Sync music folders to your phone or tablet. When you leave the house, what ever you downloaded or copied into your music folder on your PC is ready on your phone!
You can copy text on any of your devices and send them across to the other device, where you can paste it. More formats (such as images) coming soon!
Opening files and URLs (website links) on other devices
You can open the web page you're viewing on any other device using the well known Android share command. This works with any browser! Simply select "Share with Device" and select which device you want to open the link on. On Windows, a Firefox plugin is available.
Runs on many operating systems
Missing Link is built on cross platform technology so more operating systems will be supported very soon. Currently Windows, Linux and Android are supported.
Peer to Peer
With Missing Link your PC isn't a "server" and your phone or tablet isn't a "client" with less capability. Your phone or tablet is just as capable as your PC in copying or synching files and controlling other devices, therefore you can sync files between your phone and tablet without your PC being involved at all!
No need to download separate remote control, file sharing, synching, clipboard sharing apps, and install multiple "servers" on your PC. Just install one piece of software - Missing Link!
Latest Changes (1.1.12):
* Now you can browse your remote device files side by side with your local files! File transfers are much more intuitive.
* You can now go straight to the remote control screen from the file browser. Very handy if you've started a movie or song and want to control it straight away!
* Many graphical tweaks
Don't forget to update your Desktop versions (Windows and Linux) to 22.214.171.124 if you haven't yet. A Firefox plugin is also available.