Emulator of "Electronika MK 61" and "Electronika MK-54" RPN programmable calculators.
MK-61 was the best seller of all USSR programmable calculators of 1980-s (B3-34, MK-54, MK-56, MK-61, MK-52).
Calculators are emulated on microcode level so they behave exactly like the original devices, including all non-documented features and inaccurate calculations. For ease of use application features saving and loading emulation states.
This app's emulation engine Java code is based on C++ source of Felix Lazarev's emu145 project.
Emulation was highly optimized for speed and should run in real time on any phone.
Hint 1: touch calculator's indicator to toggle slow/fast mode. Indicator's blinking looks better in slow mode.
Hint 2: you can choose between MK-61 and MK-54 using menu option that becomes visible when calculator is switched off.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
History of changes in previous versions:
MK-61 v1.0 - the first working version
MK-61 v1.1 - fixed UI bugs, speed optimization
MK-61 v1.2 - keep state after pressing Home or Back
MK-61 v1.3 - "About" dialog, enlarged digits, added state saving/loading (up to 50 slots)
- fix emulation for entering negative power of ten
- 10x speed increase - now works even on old Android devices
- touch indicator to toggle fast/slow mode
- on fast phone use slow mode for blinking
- fixed key press detection
- fixed indicator symbols size
- stable states saving - will be compatible with future versions
- main screen user interface completely redesigned from the scratch:
* authentic look (as much as possible)
* adaptive behavior that fits any screen from 2 to 10 inch
- launcher icon redesigned
- added slight vibration on button press, more sensible on angle mode change, even more intensive for on/off switch
- screen never goes off even when nothing is touched for a long time
- added "Settings" page to let user choose vibration and/or disabled screen auto-off
- indicator font size fix for tablets
- fixed ГРД angle mode switch position (was acting as Degrees mode instead of Grads)
- saved states now can have names. Hint: load and save state to rename it.
- use up to 99 saved states now instead of 50
- added Russian user interface translation
- a number of polishing UI tweaks on the main and settings screens
MK 61/54 v2.0
- added MK-54 emulation
- application name was changed to "MK 61/54" to reflect the fact it supports both devices
- when calculator is switched off, selector button chooses between "MK 61" and "MK-54"
- save states remember which calculator type they were saved with
- old save states use MK 61 device
- added soft "Menu" button on devices that lack hardware menu button
- added support for older Android versions, including Android 1.6
- additional UI polishing for tablets
- "MK 61 ↔ MK-54" button is now menu option (available when calculator is off)
- "About" moved from settings to menu, now with usage hints
- fixed calculator's display font size issue:
* entering power of ten should not split display into two lines (was an issue on some devices)
* width should be fully used
- ШГ→/ШГ←/↔ got better labels
- fixed/improved layout on devices with low and medium resolution
- fixed UI scaling issue on normal-mdpi screens
- improved large-mdpi screens
If you still have issues - please let me know device/firmware this happens on.
- added thin border around buttons
- fixed state saving instability on leaving app
- fixed layout resizing glitch
- switching calculator off and state saving/loading became faster
- added user preferences for:
* type of on/off and angle mode switches (checkbox/radio buttons or slider)
* vibration intensity
* buttons outline
* labels text size