Androidtapp.com: 4.5 out of 5 stars
"MobileWar is lots of fun and deliciously silly and brilliant at the same time. Battle your friends in multiplayer combat using your phone’s GPS sensors and accelerometer; perfect little game for playing outside in the summer"
**This free version will let you test-drive MobileWar with full functionality for 10 days after you started your first game. NEW: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP PLAYING THE GAME AFTER THE TRIAL PERIOD EXPIRED - HOWEVER YOU WILL MISS OUT ON EXTRA FEATURES WHICH YOU CAN ADD LATER OR YOU CAN UPGRADE TO THE FULL VERSION**
MobileWar is a multiplayer GPS shooting game using the mobile phone as a shooting device.
MobileWar lets players point and shoot at each other using nothing else but their mobile phone. It's a unique outdoor warfare game and it's a lot like lasergame or paintball, but without the paint.
UPDATE: play versus iPhone users too
Become the leader of the pack by killscores and deathscores.
You get killscores when you hit opponents and deathscores when getting hit yourself.
Lock and load fast or be a goner.
Bullet counting is a must as you need to reload (by swiping down) before you can continue shooting.
Fastest multiple international servers
The game uses GPS and the accelerometer inside the phone. By using different international servers fast gameplay is possible in all continents especially when using 3G or 4G/LTE networks. The best accuracy is reached when using Android phones less than 1 year old, but users with older phones can play too.
To play this app you will need:
1) An Android phone with GPS and accelerometer*
2 A fast network connection 3G/4/LTE or a wide wifi range that will cover outdoor ground
3) A couple of friends to play it with
* MobileWar tries to get be the best position accuracy. If you are using an older phone (2010 or earlier) chances are that accuracy may be a little less than on newer phones. You can still play and the accuracy is taken into account when shooting others and getting shot yourself.
Experiencing difficulties? Please make sure to use this checklist:
1) Is your GPS turned on?
2) Is your datanetwork/wifi turned on and are you connected?
3) Is your phone calibrated well enough? You can recalibrate it by going to the settings > display menu and then test both calibrate and gyroscope function
4) Are you under an open sky?(not indoors or in dense forests)
5) Are your settings the fastest possible? Go to MobileWar menu > Server Settings > Select fast and after that ping all and select the server with the lowest value
6) Make sure you have at least 2 to 5 meters/yards distance between you and the other players when shooting.
SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO IMPROVE MOBILEWAR OR ISSUES?
Do you have suggestions or would like to submit issues?
Please let us know! We want the gameplay to be smooth for you and make it more exciting every day.
Drop us a line at: http://www.mobilewar.org/index.php/en/contact
Two bug fixes:
1. Fixed crash on settings screen when no internet connection - this happened to be occuring on low end devices.
2. pause screen - list of players when no internet loader is not ending, solved the issue.
More suggestions? Send it to us on http://www.mobilewar.org