http://MoonTrajectory.net enables you to predict the moon path and its phase, simply looking through your phone.
This is a 100% free app!
Find moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain.
You can even predict where the moon will be... if reflected in water!
Caution: some phones don't handle correctly gyroscopic sensors. Should you notice any innaccurate display, try deactivating gyros into application menu/settings.
http://MoonTrajectory.net in the press:
100BestAndroidApps . "Positively awesome."
AppsZoom . "UI is great and features are very interesting."
zAugmentedReality . "Cool app."
If you have a question, if you wish for an improvment or if you have trouble running the application on your phone, please contact sylde.net:
The download is 1.3MB big, but the application can be moved on your SD card and would take in that case only 160kB from your internal storage!
Please refer to the bottom of the page for a detailed justification of the different authorizations required by the app.
http://MoonTrajectory.net allows you to display the future trajectories of the moon in augmented reality:
* Look through your phone and see the path of the moon.
* Find out if the moon will be full or what phase it will be in.
* Plan the moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also on a building or a relief.
* Travel in time and see what path the moon will follow in the months to come.
* Take and save photos.
* Check afterwards the different trajectories of the moon for a whole year.
* Plan to include the moon in your pictures, whether by day or night.
* Plan when a subject (like a statue for instance) will be aligned with the moon.
* Use the calendar of the moon phases.
* Use the agenda to plan your future pictures.
* This way, you will know when to return to the site to take your picture to the maximum effect.
* Use Google Maps to pinpoint its exact location.
Detailed justification of the different authorizations required by the app:
* Modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
The app enables you to take pictures, so that you can check afterwards on those pictures the different sun or moon paths.
These photos are saved on the SD card. No other data is written or read in the SD card.
These data are deleted in case the app is uninstalled.
* Coarse (network-based) location / fine (GPS) location
The app requires the location of the user to compute the trajectories.
This position needn’t be accurate. That’s why you may use the network as well as the GPS (the first one available will be used).
* Prevent device from sleeping
The app displays live data in augmented reality, superimposed on the video.
The device is thus prevented from sleeping while the app is running.
As soon as the user quits the app, the automatic standby mode is reactivated.
* Full Internet access
The app enables you to check on GoogleMaps where the pictures were taken.
GoogleMaps requires a full internet access to operate.
The internet access is used by both GoogleMaps and the voucher codes system. No personal data is sent.
* Take pictures and videos
The app displays live data in augmented reality, superimposed on the video, and enables you to take pictures and check the different trajectories later/ with a clear head.
2.8: A long click on the date/time button sets time back to now.
2.7: You can now predict where the moon will be... if reflected in water!
2.6: If your phone is equipped with gyroscopic sensors, the application uses them in order to further improve the image stabilization.
2.4: Image stabilization has been improved, so using the app will be more comfortable. Feel free to post comments on the Facebook page of the application!