http://MoonTrajectory.net enables you to predict the moon path and its phase, simply looking through your phone.
This is a 100% free augmented reality app: no ads, no in app payments!
Find moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also depending on a building or a mountain.
You can even predict where the moon will be... if reflected in water!
Caution: some phones don't handle correctly gyroscopic sensors. Should you notice any innaccurate display, try deactivating gyros into application menu/settings.
http://MoonTrajectory.net in the press:
100BestAndroidApps . "Positively awesome."
AppsZoom . "UI is great and features are very interesting."
zAugmentedReality . "Cool app."
If you have a question, if you wish for an improvment or if you have trouble running the application on your phone, please contact sylde.net:
http://MoonTrajectory.net allows you to display the future trajectories of the moon in augmented reality:
* Look through your phone and see the path of the moon.
* Find out if the moon will be full or what phase it will be in.
* Plan the moonrise and moonset times, not only on the horizon, but also on a building or a relief.
* Travel in time and see what path the moon will follow in the months to come.
* Take and save photos.
* Check afterwards the different trajectories of the moon for a whole year.
* Plan to include the moon in your pictures, whether by day or night.
* Plan when a subject (like a statue for instance) will be aligned with the moon.
* Use the calendar of the moon phases.
* Use the agenda to plan your future pictures.
* This way, you will know when to return to the site to take your picture to the maximum effect.
* Use Google Maps to pinpoint its exact location.
2.9: Supporting Android 6.0.
2.8: A long click on the date/time button sets time back to now.
2.7: You can now predict where the moon will be... if reflected in water!
2.6: If your phone is equipped with gyroscopic sensors, the application uses them in order to further improve the image stabilization.
2.4: Image stabilization has been improved, so using the app will be more comfortable. Feel free to post comments on the Facebook page of the application!