A pretty simple app to assign ringtones to contacts.
No bloated contact manager, no bells and whistles, just a simple list of contacts and assigned ringtones. Tap a contact to assign a different ringtone or SMS sound. That's all.
(Uses Android's ringtone/notification sound selection. No download, no free file selection.)
Well, OK, you can have a bit more now:
- Group assignemts:
Open the groups assignments dialog (icon with some faces), and you can assing ringtones to entire groups. Your favorites (starred contacts) are handled like a group as well. You can also change priorities if contacts are in multiple groups.
If you don't want to overwrite the ringtones of single contacts which are assigned to a group, make sure the "individual" check box is active when you tap the contact (shown as contact icon in the list).
Note you have to press the "assign to contacts" button to activate you group ringtones. I think it'd be too slow if the contacts were modified on every change.
- SMS sounds
You can also optionally let MortRing play the SMS sound. However, since MortRing does not modify the default SMS app, you'll have to disable the sound in your SMS app. Usually there's an option to select a "Silent" notification.
Too avoid too much confusion, ringtones and SMS sounds are always used in combination, i.e. if a group with group ringtone but default SMS sound is found, the default SMS sound will be played, and not some SMS sound that might be defined in a group with lower priority. Same with SMS sound and no group ringtone: Default ringtone.
There were a lot of changes, so it's somewhat "beta" again. Tell me if you experience troubles.
- Read contacts: Should be obvious... ;-)
- Write contacts: To modify contact ringtones
- Save settings: To modify the default ringtone
- Read external storage: Necessary to get the title of ringtones on the "user accessible" storage (can be internal as well), and to play them (in case of SMS sounds)
- Receive SMS: So the contact's SMS sound can be played
- NO internet access: This app surely won't transmit the read data...
- Multiple selection in contacts list (long press on item)
- Some bugfixes, esp. a possible crash in SMS sound selection