Paid version of Mountain Navigator with the following extra features:-
- No adverts
- Height Remaining feature. Tells you how much ascent you have left.
- Lakes as well as mountains (Lake District and Yorkshire Dales only).
- Copy mountain names to the clipboard, really useful for texting, Tweeting, Facebook or emails. Let people know where you are at all times.
- Links to Hill Baggers site for all hills (internet connection required). Log your ascent from the mountain top!
- Links to Mountain Weather Information Service (for supported areas only, internet connection required).
- Support the developer.
Ever stood at the top (or the bottom) of a mountain, stared at the vast vista of wilderness and wondered what the names of the mountains were. With Mountain Navigator, all you do is point your phone at a mountain and it tells you what it’s called. This app doesn’t need an internet connection to work (chances are you won’t have one up a mountain anyway).
Mountain Navigator uses the British Hills Database v 13.2 which contains all the hills and mountains in England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Allows you to easily set up filters by distance from your location, height and classification of mountain (Munro, Corbett and Nuttall etc). Includes Marilyns and Humps so the chances are there’s several hills near you, wherever you live.
Mountain Navigator has 4 modes:-
Viewfinder:Hold the phone sideways, point the camera at the mountain you’re interested in and it displays its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Toposcope: Hold the phone flat and all the hills are shown as a toposcope. The higher the mountain, the brighter the dot. Tap on a dot to see its name. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Nearby Hills:Shows all the nearby hills. Tap on the name to get all the details of the mountain and navigate towards it.
Search. Search for a specific hill, anywhere in the UK or Ireland.
Plan. Now you can use any location in the UK without actually being there. Allows you to plan in advance of a trip which hills to climb and which maps you'll need.
Uses the British Hills database, contains all Munros, Corbetts, Grahams, Nuttalls, Marilyns, Wainwrights, Birketts, Humps, Arderins, Vandeleur-Lymans, Sims, Furths and County tops.
Ideal for hill walking in The Lake District, the Highlands of Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Dartmoor, the Pennines, the Yorkshire Dales or anywhere that has hills.
- Added ability to copy mountain names to the clipboard. Really useful for texting, Tweeting, Facebook or emails. Let people know where you are at all times.
- Displays distance/height/height remaining on camera without having to access the details screen.
- Uses v13.2 of the Mountain Hills Database