We have a new version.
Much faster and better UX.
Check it out:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nextstagesearch"Siri and Google Now are great when you are driving, but who wants to talk to their phone anywhere else?"A personal assistant that gets things done quickly by typing.
- Launch apps by typing just 2 characters of the app name.
- Call friends by typing just 2 characters of your friend's name.
- Enter text into the search box and send it via your favorite texting app.Why is it so fast?
It uses at least 1 step less than any other launcher:
- mrQuery: tap android home button, type two letters of app name (3 steps)
- Default launcher: tap home button, look for an app, swipe to another screen (optional), tap app (3-5 steps).
- Default Google search: tap android home button, tap google search widget, type app name, scroll past web search suggestions, tap app (5 steps)
- iPhone search: tap iPhone home button, swipe down, type app name, tap app (4 steps)Features
- Recent apps show above the search box.
- Call or text your frequent contacts, by entering their name.
- Enter text into the search box and send it via your favorite texting app.
- Enter text into the search box and search Google, PlayStoreת YouTube and more.
- Click the physical home button again to go to the default launcher (configurable). on Samsung devices, it is recommended to cancel S voice*.
- Support for Google now "Assist" action: swipe-up from the bottom navbar (on supporting devices).
- Access system settings quickly.
- Smart calendar events like "today", "tomorrow" and "tuesday"
- Braun inspired design.
- Time saved statistics.
- Dial phone numbers.
- Create shortcuts to any action on your phone.
- No background processes whatsoever.The science behind mrQuery
mrQuery is based on the theory of Pavlovian conditioning. It is much faster since you can always launch an app in the same way, no matter what state your phone is in.
On conventional launchers, when you want to launch an app, sometimes, your phone will not be on your 1st home screen. Whether you like it or not, your mind takes a few milliseconds to readjust to what you are looking at.
Using mrQuery, no matter what state your phone is in, doing the following steps will always take you to the gmail app: home button, letter G, letter M. This fact makes it easy to develop instinctive respondent conditioning to what you need to do, e.g. read email.Serial recall vs. free recall
Texting with mrQuery is much easier on our memory recall mechanism.
When we want to text someone, we first hold in our head, the message that we want to send.
But regular texting apps like whatsapp and kik make us think of the less important data first: which app to use and to whom to send the message.
With mrQuery, when you have a message in your head like "remember the milk", you can start typing the message right away. After finishing typing the message and getting that task out of your way, the appropriate apps present themselves, and only after choosing the app, your recent contacts from that app are presented.Send suggestions and feedback to: [email protected] or http://bit.ly/mrQuery_gPlusCredits
- alternative spelling: mister query , mr query
- thanks to the apps that inspired me: Alfred, Launchy, GNOME Do, Quicksilver, Synapse, Listary, LaunchBar, Apptivate, Fast Launcher, Found
- Reviewd by Alan Henry from LifeHacker: http://bit.ly/mrQuery_on_lifeHacker
*Cancel S Voice: Load S Voice, then press the menu key and hit "Settings." Next, uncheck "Open via the home key."
Send suggestions and feedback to: [email protected]
Fixed bug: crash on new app installs
+ Special beta offer