Advanced open-source MSX/ColecoVision emulator based on BlueMSX with support for the original hardware up to the TurboR. Future updates will add support for the Sega SG-1000. The majority of BlueMSX features required to run most games are already supported with more coming soon (tape support, improved on-screen keyboard, etc). The app is tested on the Xoom, Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, NVidia Shield, and Xperia Play, but works on virtually any device with similar or better specs.
Note: Additional MSX system files are required to use the app with floppy disk images. A BIOS is needed if emulating ColecoVision. See the website for setup instructions.
* Supports ROM (.rom, .mx1, .mx2, .col) and Disk (.dsk) programs, optionally in zip files
* SCC and FM sound support
* Internal SRAM and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states.
* Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls
* HID Bluetooth/USB gamepad & keyboard support compatible with any input device recognized by the OS (MOGA Pro, etc.), Wii controllers also supported if running Android 4.1 or lower, all devices support custom key profiles
* Works in any orientation
No ROMs are included with this app and must be supplied by the user. Transfer games anywhere to your internal storage/SD card and browse to them from within the app (default SD card directory is /mnt/sdcard).
Follow me on Twitter for updates about my apps:
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info & apps, ports for other platforms, and GPL source code. Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
* Added Prescale 2x effect, gives sharp edges at any zoom level without turning off linear filter
* Improved shader effect compatibility with some older GPUs
* Fixed some text input issues