MTA tracker+ is an ad-free version of MTA tracker with a few additional features.
MTA tracker allows riders to take advantage of New York City's Metropolitan Transportation Authority vehicle monitoring service, MTA Bus Time.
MTA tracker also includes the ability to download route schedules.
MTA tracker allows you to define alerts for MTA routes and stops; get a notification when a vehicle on a specific route is approaching or arriving at a particular stop.
Please send me an email if you find a problem or if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Put in one or more route numbers, separated by spaces or commas, and see all vehicles on those routes, put in a stop number to see all buses serving that stop, or put in an individual vehicle number (printed on the side of MTA buses).
- You can request a route schedule for any MTA route by entering its number. Schedules can be viewed as origin/destination tables or on a map. On the map, see when the next bus/train is scheduled to arrive by tapping on a stop. See all times for that stop by tapping on the info window that appears.
- Select your current location or an address you enter or select on a map as a search location for MTA stops that are nearby. You can specify a maximum number of stops to return as well as an optional route filter.
- You can define alerts for when a MTA vehicle is approaching or arriving at a particular stop. These alerts are based on distance from the stop, using the shape of the route defined by MTA.
- Because these alerts depend on the vehicle following the shape defineUd by MTA, if the vehicle is on detour, or if the vehicle isn't following the defined route for some other reason, your alert may not trigger as expected.
- Choose an origin, a destination, and the time you would like to either depart or arrive, and the Google Maps app will display the different options available using MTA's buses and trains.
- On the share vehicle screen, enter your vehicle's number and tap the share button. This will let you send to a friend a message with a URL that will show them the progress of your vehicle in real time. The URL will open in MTA tracker if they have the app installed; it will open in any browser if they don't.
- MTA tracker displays the latest updates from @MTA and @NYCTBusStop.
- Choose a light or dark theme.
- Show satellite imagery and/or color-coded traffic data on the map.
- Optionally keep the map screen from dimming and shutting off.
- Adjust the update interval of MTA vehicle locations.
- Choose a custom ringtone for MTA alerts.
- Add track and route widgets and shortcuts to your home screen to go straight to the map or schedule you want.
This is not an official MTA app; I am not affiliated with MTA in any way.
- Bug fixes, including a temporary fix for directions. Android's Geocoder API has a known issue with specifying an area to constrain auto-completed address results. I have removed the area constraint, so relevant results will be shown again. These results are not constrained to NYC only, so you may need to enter more of an address to see it in the results. I'll restore the area constraint when the problem is fixed on Google's end.