is a maintenance utility for Bluetooth capable GPS devices that use the MTK or MTK II (GPS) chip. You can:
* configure the information recorded in the log file
* configure the track point recording frequency
* download the track points to a binary format file
* generate a GPX file from the download
* store the binary and GPX files on your external SD card
* update the Assisted GPS (AGPS) data
* configure screen text sizesPlease contact me if this app does not work with your MTK GPS device. Since the initial release the app has been modified to work with both GPS receivers and GPS loggers that do and do not have AGPS. The app has extensive execution tracing that can be turned on to assist with determining why the app isn't working.
This app also has crash logging. Please look at the app information for details on crash reporting. Emails with questions, suggestions and issues are welcome. Email to [email protected]NOTE: log downloads hang on some Android device and GPS logger combinations.
The cause is not apparent from the logs created by MTKutility. AGPS update on a Qstarz BT-Q1000XT also remains unresolved.
Download failures on large track point downloads - 50,000+ points - are a known issue. Seems to be a Bluetooth communication issue with some device combinations.
I have posted additional screen shots and short instructional videos on my Google drive. Copy this URL to see them.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzPpCDPMQTwEfnlSdW5LTXFfbU0wckZpM2tXbUcxN3JpZnRMeFh1QmdGQ2NuMk90dFhUY00&authuser=0
The GPX file created is good enough to show tracks on a map but it will not contain XML tags for all the data captured. Use the PC app bt747 to create a GPX file from the binary (.bin) download.
fixed speed over calculation error and moved Clear BIN button on download tab.
Revised the HTML version of the SETTINGS screen to improve useability and made it the default for small screen phones (less than 480x800 pixels). Screen size is no longer a restriction on phones with Android 4.0 or newer. Testing for this was with an LG E430 with a 240x320 3.2" screen. Bluetooth connection to GPS devices is still and issue with some tablets.
SETTINGS tab bug fix
added GPS restart functions to MAIN tab
Added a tab to make creating GPX files from previously downloaded binary files possible. Created an alternate SETTINGS tab for phones that cannot fully display the check-box layout. Expanded text size configuration to include separate configuration for each of the tabs. Numerous bug fixes.
Enabled GPX file recreation by changing this process from a check-box on the Download screen to a button that launches file selection and GPX file creation. The location of the binary download and GPX files can be set to separate folders on internal storage or the external SD.
allow 1 meter by distance recording frequency
fixes NMEA settings not showing on an HTC one phone.
extends the range of GPS devices by distinguishing between GPS receivers and GPS loggers, and the presence of AGPS data. Main screen font sizes are now configurable to resolve field value truncation on phones.