A simple application to assist ham radio operators in everyday HF propagation prediction.The application calculates MUF (Maximum Usable Frequency) and LUF (Lowest Usable Frequency) to any location in the world based on SSN data.
The application is based on MicroMUF, developed in 1984 by Raymond Fricker from BBC External Service.
Although the algorithms used in MicroMUF have some limitations compared to other more advanced algorithms (like IONCAP), the calculations are very accurate for everyday use in the HF range (2-30Mhz).
The application contains the complete and updated DXCC countries list, so that you do not have to enter latitude/longitude but type directly the DXCC prefix or country name for the transmitter and receiver location, while the SSN is retrieved automatically from NOAA site if required.
Most often used propagation paths can be saved so that a prediction can run on them later.There is no limit to the number of paths stored into the application.
- fixed a crash after migrating to NOAA's SWPC web services
- Changed propagation charts to be QST-like
- Added predefined DX areas like QST's "How's DX"
- Added 360 degrees prediction
- Fixed broken link on solar data update
- Fixed a crash
- Changed layouts to dashboard style
- Added an option to save favorite paths
- Added support for tablets and landscape orientation
- The application can be moved to SD Card
- Updated country file (19 April 2013)
- Added help on each screen