Are you a coach, an athlete, a teacher or a sports enthusiast who needs a powerful stopwatch to time multiple contestants from one compact screen?
Do you find that there are many stopwatches available but they do only allow you to focus on one contestant at the time?
If you are answering yes then MultiChrono will be the tool for you.
MultiChrono is the versatile stopwatch that allows you to time multiple contestants from one single screen. Take their lap and finish times, view their average, minimum and maximum lap times and send the results off by email once the race is over.
Once you start the race the app displays the finish and lap buttons next to each contestant in the list. Note that the lap time stats keep folded away so you have all the screen available to display the running clock and the list of as many contestants as possible.
MultiChrono gives you all the stats to analyse the race. Tap on the arrow icon next to each contestant to access their lap times.
The app saves the average, minimum and maximum lap times, the elapsed time for each lap and of course the ranking as the contestants came in. All this information you can send off by email after the race.That allows you to run even more stats later or archive the results for your reference.
You can add, modify and delete as many labels to/from the list of contestants as you require and see fit. Once a label is added to the app MultiChrono remembers it so you do not have to type it in every single time. Simply browse the existing contestants and add or remove them to/from the list of contestants on the screen.
Don't worry if you get interrupted by a phone call or you have to switch to another app while the race is on. MultiChrono remembers all the times and will keep counting while you are accessing another app on your device. Even better it does not consume any resources while it is in the background.
You will note a runner icon in the notification bar while a MultiChrono race is active. Simply access the notification and use it to get right back to the MultiChrono screen. The clock will display the correct time as if you would have never left the app.
Most of MultiChrono's functionality is driven from the main menu but there are two noteworthy exceptions:
- You can gain even more screen real estate by folding away buttons and the title bar by taping on the running clock. To bring back the buttons and the title bar just tap on the running clock again.
- To modify or delete a single label from the list of contestants long-press the text label in the list of contestants (make sure you long-press exactly on the text label otherwise the dialog will not pop up).
- Time multiple contestants from one compact screen
- Take lap times and view the average, minimum, maximum and elapsed times for each contestant
- Minimum lap times are displayed in green and lower case letters, maximum lap times are displayed in red and use upper case letters
- Fold away the title bar and buttons by taping on the running clock, bring the title bar and buttons back by taping on the running clock again
- View the ranking and statistics on one single screen
- Send off the data by email for later processing or your reference
- Add a new contestant to the app by pressing the 'Add' menu button
- Existing contestant labels are remembered and can be added and removed to/from the screen by pressing the 'Existing' menu button
- Clear the list of contestants from the screen by pressing the 'Clear' menu button
- Email the race results by pressing the 'Email' menu button
- Delete all existing contestants from the app by pressing the 'Delete All' menu button
- Modify or delete a contestant label by long-pressing on the text label in the list of contestants on the screen (make sure you long-press exactly on the label text to make sure the dialog pops up)
- Note that most menu actions are only available when the clock has been reset
Updates with version 1.0.5:
- Moved menu to action bar