Music Pump is a beautiful and feature rich XBMC Remote which has been optimized for phones and tablets. You can fully control your XBMC Media Center and stream media from / to XBMC.
XBMC Eden, Frodo, Gotham and Helix are supported
* Browse your XBMC library from your phone
* Browse playlists / file sources
* Browse addons on your android device (due to limitations in XBMC this does not work for all addons)
* Stream Music from XBMC to your device or to bluetooth speakers or to a chromecast dongle
* Stream Movies and TV Shows from XBMC to your device (requires unlocker)
* Internal audio player to play files locally and stream them to XBMC and Chromecast (requires unlocker)
* Themes: light, dark (requires unlocker)
* Synchronize Music from XBMC to your android device (requires unlocker)
* PVR support (requires unlocker)
* Send Youtube videos from android to XBMC
* Send local videos and pictures to XBMC (using android share feature)
* Select subtitles and audio tracks
* Download subtitles
* Caching of music database for faster access
* Resume video files
* Show / Hide watched videos
* Mark movies / TV shows as watched / unwatched
* Lock screen support
* Headset remote support (play / pause / next / previous)
* Music rating support
* Virtual keyboard
* Support for Raspberry Pi
* Customizable remote buttons
* And much more...
Some advanced features are only available after purchasing the unlocker.
In XBMC go to System -> Settings -> Services and enable the following settings:
- Webserver -> Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Remote control ->Allow programs of this system to control XBMC
- Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC
- Yellow server icon: Usually the option “Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC” has not been enabled in xbmc. For more info see http://goo.gl/0EiYzN
- How to force Refresh Music Library: Long-press on the server name and select refresh music
- Music or Video library is empty: In order to see your music and video files you need to enable the library function within XBMC and scan your music and video files to the library.
- By default the application uses a “local” queue for music playback: This has the big advantage of having a very flexible queuing system. However this has some limitations you may not like: You cannot control music playback from more than one remote at a time (which may be good since other family members can't clear your play queue by mistake), skipping songs using a hardware remote control won't work since only one song is in the XBMC queue. The unlocked version has a feature to use the XBMC queue to bypass these limitations.
- Playlists are not visible: In XBMC playlists must be in a special folder. See http://wiki.XBMC.org/index.php?title=Playlists
- Streaming music / video is not working: The reason may be that no source is created in xbmc (sources.xml). Some xbmc versions (e.g. raspberry pi) allow scraping of media files without adding a source. XBMC will only allow downloading/streaming media which is defined inside a source. In case of doupt ask in the xbmc forum
If you have a problem / request please use the thread in the XBMC forum at http://forum.XBMC.org/showthread.php?tid=131303 or send an email
- Better PVR support for XBMC Helix ( Channel Groups, EPG data)
- UI modifications for android Lollipop, new cards theme
- New UI navigation
- Chromecast support for Music
- Added "My Radio Stations"
- Music Video section
- Improved notification support
- Fixed crash when clicking on menu items in android 4.0