Muzei is a live wallpaper that gently refreshes your home screen each day with famous works of art. It also recedes into the background, blurring and dimming artwork to keep your icons and widgets in the spotlight. Simply double touch the wallpaper or open the Muzei app to enjoy and explore the artwork in its full glory.
Alternatively, you can choose your favorite photos from your own gallery or other apps to use on your home screen. To keep your wallpaper fresh, Muzei will rotate through your favorite photos every few hours.
Finally, Muzei is developer-friendly. All the code is available at http://code.muzei.co and Muzei even offers a simple API that allows you to build your own wallpaper source. For API details, visit http://api.muzei.co.
Muzei now includes a watch face for Android Wear, so you can see your latest wallpaper right on your wrist!
Made in New York by Roman Nurik. Muzei is a transliteration of the Russian word музей, which means “museum.”
Featured artwork in Muzei is curated daily by our small staff and made possible thanks to WikiArt.org and its contributors.
Many thanks to Ian Lake for the watch face, and the many other contributors that help make Muzei possible.
• Improved first-run experience for Android Wear watch face
• Better support for external apps when using My Photos
• 'Reset sliders' option in advanced settings
• Fixed a transition glitch when viewing artwork details on Samsung devices
• More consistent rendering across devices
• Performance improvements when not using Android Wear
• Stability improvements and crash fixes
• Bug fix with Muzei appearing twice in Overview on Android 5.0
More at code.muzei.co/wiki/changelog