DO NOT REPORT PROBLEMS USING THE RATING SYSTEM HERE...SEND ME AN EMAIL OR VISIT THE WEBSITE FOR THIS APP WITH A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF WHAT STEPS YOU TOOK AND WHAT PROBLEMS/ERRORS YOU'RE HAVING
If your flash bar crashes...just open up the Multi Window Manager settings and tap "Remove System Patch" at the bottom of the page.
THIS APP REQUIRES JB 4.1.2 AND ROOT PRIVILEGES
Galaxy Note II
Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung has added a new multi window feature to a few of their Jelly Bean devices. However...there is only a limited set of apps compatible with this new feature.
Using this Multi Window Manager, you can enable ANY app to take advantage of this awesome new feature.
When you run this for the first time on a Note, Note 2, or S3...you should be prompted to install a small patch. This patch will update your FlashBarService.apk to allow the new icons to appear. There should be no side effects or performance loss.
This is a beta, so it would be a good idea to do a NANDROID backup before installing the patch. So far in all my testing, the worst case scenario was FlashBarService.apk would crash...Never did it prevent the device from booting. If your flash bar crashes...just open up the MWM settings and tap "Remove System Patch" at the bottom of the page.
Do not use this on top of any other multi window mods or it probably won't work right.
Check out the Pro version for these additional features:
- Create shortcuts on your homescreen to open apps or web bookmarks in windowed mode
- Specify custom window sizes for shortcuts
- Open multiple instances of some apps (This is limited by whether or not a particular app permits multiple instances...I've yet to find an internet browser that allows this, however there are many other useful apps that do allow it)
- Fast reboot...cuts reboot time to less than half that of a normal reboot
- Detect new app installs and prompt to enable multi window
- Backup and restore your enabled apps list
- Still trying to work out the bugs in the FlashBarService patch. Should be working now.