Automatically takes backups, archives and cleans up your call history and SMS messages. Backs up your contacts periodically into time stamped files.
Optionally uploads the archives into your Google Docs account.
Extremely flexible in scheduling and choosing the features that you require. Runs silently in the background and regularly archives, backs up and keeps your phone clean and secure.
Limits data loss if you lose your phone. The automated logs may also tell a thing or two about who has it now!
No ads in the app and absolutely free! Do let us know if you have any trouble using this utility, or want any particular feature to be included in the next version.
Archiving can be scheduled to run automatically (daily, weekly, monthly) or can be completely manual (default). Change appropriate preferences to set up the archival frequency.
Taking backup of your archives
You can choose to upload your logs to Google Docs. Set up appropriate preferences in the application. It then automatically creates a folder by the name "My Android Archives" and stores archives as spreadsheets within it. By uploading your call history and SMS to your Google docs account, you can search through them any time!
If you choose not to use Google Docs, the archived files can be found in your SD card under Android/data/com.meeteoric.myarchives/files folder. Copy them to your desktop and view through any CSV reader (e.g. Open Office, MS Office).
You can also set up the application to delete entries from call logs and messages that are older than a certain period (week, month, quarter). Keeps your phone clean and secure.
- To save your phone battery charge, the scheduled run intervals are made to coincide with other activities on your phone and are therefore intentionally not accurate.
- Upload to Google Docs is possible only if you have activated your Google Docs account already. To make sure, visit Google Docs on your browser once and follow any sign up process that is required.
- Automatic silent upload to Google Docs respects your "Background Data" preferences. If you have disallowed background data in your Android data settings, you must upload the files by running "Archive Now" menu option.
- To enable searching of your uploaded files on the phone, install Google Docs for Android and include it in your Android search preferences. Sometimes documents uploaded are not searchable till the first time they are opened on Google Docs.
- This application uses certain internal APIs that are not uniformly supported across phones. So it is unlikely but possible that it may crash on a certain phone that we have not tested with. In such case, please submit the crash report to us for us to fix it for you.
- Updated to be compatible to Google Drive
- Now you can choose to get notified whenever "My Archives" performs any activity.