My Credit Cards automatically manages all your credit cards in one place!
My Credit Cards will store all information related to your credit card on your android phone by automatically understanding the messages that the banks send to you without fail! Everytime you carry out a transaction or make a payment or a bill is generated for your credit card, your bank sends you a SMS informing you of that. Now, ourselves, with all thats going on in our lives and so many cards that we own anyway, it's next to impossible to keep a track of all this. They serve as good updates, but the only way for us to find out what our current unbilled is or how much payment needs to be made this month or anything else, the only way to do it maintain a ledger somewhere.
My Credit Cards simplifies all this. My Credit Cards reads these SMS, understands them and collates them in one place - on your android phone.
How does this work?
By itself! :)
On a more serious note, here's a description of how it works:
- It reads incoming SMS (on installation / update, it will read SMSs in your inbox)
- It sends the SMS to our server (This is a point of contention, we understand, hence, we've given our thought process below)
- The server understands the SMS and reverts with the key information from it
- The mobile application receives this information, performs the relevant tasks and stores the information on a local database
Thats it! Whenever you open the app, all information about your credit card is organized and waiting for you...
Which Credit Cards work with this app?
Currently, we support the following banks:
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- American Express
- Standard Chartered (Regular / Manhattan)
- American Express
- Axis Bank
We'll keep expanding this portfolio of supported cards - thanks to our policy of processing the SMS online on our server.
Why do we send your SMSs to our server?
First off, we never store / read any of your personal SMS.
Our objective : To provide a consistent and un-broken experience for our customers.
The problems :
1. Banks keep changing their SMS formats
2. Every bank sends 4-5 different kinds of SMSs - for transactions, for payments, for bill generation and then there are variations amongst these. Multiply that with the number of banks and we have a huge no of possibilities. Also, these are ever-changing possibiliities.
Our solution : We maintain the various "parsers" (a SMS format) on our server so that we can keep them updated. In which case, all the app needs to do is, send the SMS to the server and it will always know what to do with it.
Do we store any personal information about you?
No. At no point in time can we identify you with any personal information like your name, mobile no, your complete credit card no or your email address. The application generates a unique identifier on your phone the first time you run it and that is the only identification token that we have.
- Bug fixes
- Support added for cancellations / reversal of transactions