The OFFICIAL IOL News.
The IOL News app brings you daily and weekly news from South Africa's leading news publications. Access news from over 20 titles and stay informed with in-depth quality reportage from the country's top journalists. IOL News will keep you connected to the latest local and international content wherever you are.
• Payment is R37.99 (Thirty Seven Rand Ninety Nine cents)
• Your subscription automatically renews every month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase
• You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
The new revamped IOL News App is a result of feedback from numerous user groups, user experience specialists and analytics gathered from how the current users utilise certain features. We will continuously update the app based on best user experience principles.
There is a lot of free news content, coupled with an option to subscribe to more in depth reporting in a traditional editorial sense across regional and national brands such as the Cape Times, Cape Argus, The Star, Daily News, Pretoria News, The Sunday Independent, Sunday Tribune, DFA, POST, Daily Voice, The Mercury, Isolezwe, and many more.
The key focus areas of the new app has been to provide our users with immediate access to IOL's breaking news streams, whilst maintaining the traditional edition based newspaper title's in depth curated editorial packages.
Going digital is seen as a transitional journey for the Independent Media group that has over 20 newspaper brands, where learnings are applied to ensure our users can expect innovation and also quality experiences when utilising our digital offerings.
We are continuously working to improve your reading experience so let us know by providing feedback or reporting any issues either via http://www.iol.co.za/ or [email protected]
We believe that news should be affordable and available to everyone, by launching this digital news app platform we hope to reach more people and provide them with professional and high quality journalism.
- Fixed YouTube videos & Tweets not rendering properly
- Various fixes