Never agree to buy a used car without checking its history first.
Free to download, My Car Check allows you to check the vehicle details (make, model, colour etc.) of any UK registered vehicle for free by searching using the registration number.
However, the free car check is not enough information to make an important decision such as buying a used car.
For extra peace of mind one of our more comprehensive checks can be bought within the app. For only a few pounds you can avoid buying a potentially un-safe, stolen or debt-ridden vehicle, saving yourself time, money and effort, not to mention the unthinkable consequences of buying an unsafe car. Don’t risk it. Check it first.
Where available, we will provide:
* Make & Model
* Engine Size
* Brake Horse Power
* Body Style
* Fuel Type
* Date of Registration
* CO2 Emissions
For a fee, via in-app purchases you can also:
- See the history (excluding Northern Ireland). Reveals whether the registration is recorded as stolen, written-off, scrapped, exported or has had colour or plate changes. (£2.99 per vehicle)
- See any recorded mileage for the registration that we have been provided from change of keepers (DVLA), garages, leasing and hire companies. (£2.99 per vehicle)
- See a valuation on the car's make & model, adjusted for mileage. See an approximate price for forecourt, private sale, trade in and auction values. (£1.49 per vehicle)
Our Gold History check for £9.99 per vehicle includes all the above, plus
- Check for Outstanding Finance
- Road tax prices
- Performance, economy and other descriptive information from SMMT for the vehicle
Information is supplied by the DVLA, Police, Insurance Industry (ABI) and the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT)
You can also search for car specification data without a registration number using our Car Data Search. Simply search with any combination of:
* Make, with optional Model
* Engine size
* Fuel Type
* Body Style
* Number of Doors
If you have any questions please remember we have a call centre to answer your queries. Just call 0330 331 0031 or email [email protected]
(9am - 7pm Mon-Fri, 10am - 4pm Sat).
V2.11.11 - 4 August 2016 - New features in Gold & Classic checks:
- Current MOT Status – details whether the vehicle has a current or expired MOT
- Previous MOT details – details from previous MOTs including any failures and ‘advisories’
- Current Tax Status – details whether the vehicle is currently taxed or not, or if it is registered as ‘off road’
V2.10.4 -11 July 2016 - Bug fixes. OrderID,Click Through,Engine Size
V2.9.10 - 8 June 2016 - Google Map. Bug fixes.