myChatDroid for Facebook is a very simple application which connects your Android device to Facebook chat.
It's not meant to be perfect... it's just a very simple chat app which doesn't waste your memory and battery.
myChatDroid for Facebook supports the following features:
- Clickable links in chat messages;
- Statusbar/Sound/Vibration/LED notifications on new messages;
- Add a friend to favourites, to be notified when he connects/disconnects;
- Messages history saved on internal database and always available after restart or disconnection;
- Automatic reconnection after connection loss.
myChatDroid requires these permissions to run:
- android.permission.INTERNET: to connect to chat server;
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to check if data connection is available;
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache avatars to SD card, for a smoother experience and memory saving;
- android.permission.VIBRATE: to notify incoming messages when the screen is off.
Please note that Facebook runs a very limited implementation of the chat protocol (XMPP), so there are a few things that won't work in any chat program:
- offline messages are not supported;
- even if you set the away status, your friends will see you as available (but you can set an automatic message from myChatDroid);
- no way to block/unblock friends or groups (you can do it from the website);
- you will only see friends that are shown in Facebook website's chat.
If you would like to see improvements on myChatDroid, please give it some stars and your well appreciated comment! ;)
Become a fan of myChatDroid to follow all updates: http://www.facebook.com/mychatdroid
THIS IS THE APP FORMERLY KNOWN AS FBChatDroid!
# 4.4.7 (29/10/2013)
Updated Facebook SDK: this update should solve some force close errors which were occurring randomly at login.