MyPKUDiet (PKUDiet3), which is the 3rd generation of my PKU diet management app, is a simple tool to manage daily diet records for PKUers and personal low protein foods. While the first app, PKUDietBook, was for Android 1.x platform and the second app, PKUDiet2, is for Android 2.x platform and above, MyPKUDiet is designed for Android 3.x and above. It also unified the mobile app and its companion web site www.mypkudiet.com under the same product name. In addition, it gives me great flexibility to add new features in the future.
Going forward, MyPKUDiet will be the only version I will continue to develop new features on and I assume you there will be more exciting things to come.
Now what’s new in the MyPKUDiet mobile app?
1. Add/Edit new low protein food: allow new food to be added from within the mobile app and it will get synchronized with your www.mypkudiet.com account. Sync feature can be turned off from the Settings section in the app;
2. New UI re-design: new layout and design utilizing features from Android 3.x and above;
3. New Android widget: add new Android widget to click to add diet record right off from the desktop;
4. Standalone mode: if you just want to use the mobile app without creating an online account on www.mypkudiet.com. You can do that in this new mobile app. you can do so by turning off “Sync” for both low protein foods and diet records under Settings.
Note: Unlike the PKUDiet2 version, MyPKUDiet does not yet support German. If anyone would like to translate the app for it, it would be greatly appreciated!
1. Added German translation for the app;
2. Minor UI changes including desktop Widget.