MythFrontend is a MythTV frontend for Android. It supports EPG, watching live TV, recordings and videos. Compatible with MythTV backend versions 0.23, 0.24, 0.25, 0.26.
You will need a working MythTV backend configured to allow remote frontends. See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfrontend for more information regarding configuration.
For best result you will also need an installed application on your phone that can play video/mpeg. MythFrontend has a experimental internal player with native ffmpeg decoding but if not activated MythFrontend will ask your Android system to play it.
The app won't be updated anymore if no major issues are found that needs to be fixed. This is due to two major reasons;
1. There is now a official MythTV Frontend for Android
2. Due to lack of DVB-S tuner card I don't currently use MythTV
If someone wants to develop it further please contact me. I could opensource it if there is enough interrest.
Changes in this version:
* Rewrite of lots of code
* Support for more backend versions (protocol version 56-75)
* Removed ads
* Added backend discovery code
* Changed to email feedback
* Changed to email crash reports
* Re-added thumbnails for videos, recordings and channels
* Replaced local http server (now uses NanoHTTPD)
* Network cleanup