MyTorch - Light your way
Use your android phone's camera LED flash as a torch (flashlight).
- Torch timeout.
- Supports non-rooted and rooted devices.
- Brightness control for rooted phones.
- Use screen as torch if you do not have a flash LED.
- Widget to control torch from home screen.
- Small app size.
- No ads.
- Free (with Widget)!!
Tested only on Motorola DEFY, Sony Xperia Sola and Samsung Galaxy Advance. I do not have other phones to test so it may or may not work.
- Motorola DEFY (Green - OK, Red - Rooted Only)
- Sony Xperia Sola (Non-rooted ICS Only)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro (Non-rooted Only)
- Samsung Fit (Screen Only)
- Samsung Galaxy S (*)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab (*)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100)
- Samsung Galaxy Advance (GT-I9070 - JB Only)
- Samsung Note
- HTC Wildfire (Non-rooted Only)
- HTC Desire (Non-rooted Only)
- HTC Thunderbolt (Non-rooted Only)
- Nexus One
- Droid (Rooted Only)
If this application fails on mobiles not listed above please DO NOT rate it.
The models marked with (*) are installs that Android Market reports to me. I have not verified if it works on them.
Please let me know (in comment) if this app works on your phone so I can expand the list of supported phones and also improve support :)
Please do [Clear data] after this update in case you face any issues.
Goto Settings->Applications->Manage applications->MyTorch [Clear data]
1. Tap and hold on your home screen.
2. You will get an "Add to Home screen" dialog.
3. Select "Widgets".
4. Select MyTorch from the list.
The widget icon will show the status of the torch. If you want to change the settings please do so from inside the application settings.
1. Widget will not work if the application is moved to SD card.
2. Task killers are known to cause undesired behaviour especially when using timeout mode. Please make sure to add this app to ignore list if you use timeout mode.
Keywords: Flash-light, Flash light, Flashlight, Torch, My Torch, LED, Bright, Light, Flash
- Added Super User access permission for rooted devices.
- Fixed a few warnings and some code optimizations.