“My TSA” gives you 24/7 access to information that passengers frequently request from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
“My TSA” named Best Government Mobile App from the American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) at its 9th Annual Excellence.Gov Awards event in Washington, D.C. in March 2011.
InformationWeek recognition of TSA as one of the Top 15 Government IT Innovators during the 23rd annual InformationWeek 500 Conference in September 2011. TSA was recognized for the deployment and enhancement of the My TSA mobile application.
“My TSA” provides real-time operating status for U.S. airports from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA); a tool to find out if an item is allowed in your carry-on or checked baggage; information on ID requirements, liquids rules, and tips for packing and dressing to speed through security.
With “My TSA”, from the Transportation Security Administration, you can:
+ Check approximate wait times at TSA security checkpoints at the airport of your choice and add your own wait time for other to see.
+ Quickly search whether you can bring items with you through the checkpoint onto the airplane.
+ Consult the TSA Guide on how to prepare for and get through the security checkpoint quickly. Watch TSA Videos on tips for a smooth travel experience.
+ See airport delay information for airports nationwide -- and see how long are the delays.
+ Provide immediate feedback to TSA concerning your checkpoint experience.
+ Check the weather forecast and current weather conditions at any U.S. airport.
Release updates for V2.0 include:
• Major improvements to performance and stability.
• Networking and database queries occur asynchronously off of main thread.
• User Interface / Navigation - Major redesign using modern UI and navigation.
• Airport Status - New tab-based layout.
• Airport Status - Real-time mapping of FAA delays.
• Weather - New pager-based layout.
• TSA Precheck - Always-current information and links on the Precheck program.
• Videos - TSA YouTube channel feed.
• Settings - Select default airport manually or the device’s using GPS location.
• Home, Can I Bring?, Guide, Wait Times, About - various code refactoring & minor UI polish.
+ Major user interface redesign.
+ New features (Maps, PreCheck, Videos).
+ Performance and stability improvements.
+ Corrects key for the map (2.0.1)