Take control of your phone's voice-command applications!
Are you sick of your phone calling your ex when all you want to do is call your buddy, Rex?
With myVoice you can regain control over your phone's voice commands!
myVoice is a completely free (and ad-free) application which allows you to communicate with your phone the way you want. This means cross-language, cross-accent and cross-expression voice commands.
NOTE: This app requires a working internet connection.
Through a simple interface, you can:
• add new command patterns to existing actions (for everyone);
• revise existing actions to do what YOU want them to do (for developers);
• or create new voice actions and command patterns that no one had ever thought of (for expert developers).
Check out a video guide here: http://youtu.be/z97aW-Jpr6o
For an up to date list of possibilities visit: http://www.myvoice.net.in
App features include:
• Example command patterns for all available actions, in your own language.
• All Google-supported languages.
• Add your own command patterns to existing actions.
• Home & lock screen widgets, can be used to launch any voice commands app (ex. Google Now).
• Option to pin to notification drawer, can be used to launch any voice commands app as well.
• Option to speak upcoming action out loud.
• Swipe speech language to quickly change it.
• Prioritize actions according to previous usage.
Why does myVoice require so many permissions?
The core application only uses the "Internet" permission. However, to allow for maximum flexibility of user generated voices, I've included a broader set of permissions. For example, to start an application that sets the alarm, the "set alarm" permission is required, and to start the camera application, "take pictures and videos" is required.
With that being said, if you have a reason to believe a certain permission is unnecessary, feel free to shoot me an email. Contrarily, if a voice you create is missing a permission, also email me (even faster).
Why is myVoice's content rating "Low maturity"?
Due to the above, Play Store does not allow for content rating of "Everyone". Most likely due to the "location" permissions.
September 17th, 2014
● You can now make secondary choices using your voice!
● Shake to start, just make sure the device is unlocked.
● New menu design, with cool new features.
● New and simplified help section in favour of supporting older devices.
September 1st, 2014 - AKA version 2.0
● New stylish design, now clearer than ever!
● Link to the video guide, and a feedback option.
● Better support for different screen DPI. Let me know if it doesn't look good on your device.