You can monitor natural disasters around the world, as published by the Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System - www.gdacs.org. The app shows the latest natural disasters like earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tropical cyclones, tsunamis and floods as color coded icons in a list as well as on a Google Maps backdrop; the icon colors indicate the alert level - green, orange, and red. The icon will look more transparent the older the event was published. The list view can be used to sort the natural disaster events according to the datetime, region, and disaster type. Clicking on the item will bring up more details about the disaster event. UTM or geographic grids can optionally be displayed on the map.
The current version will no longer be available for Gingerbread handsets. However, the previous version 2.1 for Gingerbread can be side loaded from this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/tti3qlmzohxr3hd/Disastermon-2.1.apk.
- Added full screen/two pane display toggle for tablets
- Added start up splash screen
- Bug fix for the geographic grid
- Added UTM grid and geographic grid overlays
- Upgraded to use Google Maps Android API 2.0 and Google Play Services
- Some cosmetic changes in lighter fonts and icons
- Added two pane layout display for tablets
- Added support for Samsung's MultiWindow feature
- Better error handling on a reported "on cancel" crash