NAVIGON GPS sat nav for Southern Africa
+++ Latest version 5.2.2 now available +++
- The software requires additional data (maps, voices etc.) via WLAN after installation!
With NAVIGON you can transform your Android smartphone into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, NAVIGON fits in seamlessly with the Android operating concept.
On-board navigation entails no data transfer or roaming charges, for example, for route calculation or map displays.
*** Features and range of functions ***
+ Widget for direct access to recent destinations, search POI nearby, find home
+ Google Street View - destination preview (where available)
+ Active lane assistant (requires android 2.2 or higher)
+ Bluetooth support (requires android 2.2 or higher)
+ NAVION Latest Map Gurantee (new customers receive the most up-to-date map on purchasing date)
+ Local Search
+ Foursquare log-in at destination
+ Glympse: Send your position information to selected users
+ Click-on-POI - Click into the map and get a list of POIs around this point
+ Safety Cameras (permanently installed cameras)
+ Reality View Pro
+ Lane Assistant Pro
+ Speed Assistant
+ NAVIGON Reality Scanner
+ NAVIGON MyRoutes
+ Text-to-Speech and precise spoken announcements
+ Different voices (English accents)
+ Extended Pedestrian Navigation
+ Destination entry with coordinates
+ Can be used in portrait and landscape format
+ 2D and 3D map displays
+ Automatic day and night mode for map display
+ Direct access and navigation to contacts saved in the smartphone’s address book
+ Last Mile - can save automatically your car's position and switches to pedestrian mode for walking of the last mile
+ NAVTEQ map material for South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and Swaziland
Enhance your system with in-app packages!
+ Panorama View 3D
+ NAVIGON cockpit
- Positioning your smartphone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception and for your own safety! We recommend attaching your telephone to the windscreen with a suitable suction pad holder. Ensure that this is always positioned outside of the range of the airbags!
- NAVIGON is an on-board solution. This means that all map material, voice announcements and system files are saved on the telephone. Therefore no charges or waiting time for data transfer are incurred.
- The version requires approx. 1GB of free memory. Please ensure you have sufficient available mass-storage space (SD card).
- The map material must be downloaded after installing the app via WLAN (WiFi) on the smartphone. Please ensure a reliable and safe connection is available. Download may take more than 15 min.
- on first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is required to register your product
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
navigation satnav directions maps gps garmin navigon south africa
- Support for devices with WQHD screen (2560x1440px)