Looking for something interesting to try with your NFC enabled Android device?
Near Field Ninja is a simple turn-based game that leverages Near Field Communication (NFC).
Here's how to get started:
1) Grab a friend (or foe)
2) Install Near Field Ninja on both of your NFC enabled Android devices
3) Turn on NFC and Android Beam
4) Start up the game (only one player needs to do this)
5) One player chooses an opening manoeuvre
6) Touch devices back to back and follow the "touch to beam" prompt
If you get lost in the fray, the help button (question mark in the bottom right of screen) is your friend.
Remember, pointing and laughing at your opponent is encouraged as you outsmart and outmanoeuvre them, but don't let them get a read on you because any attack you make can be reversed.
Bug reports, suggestions and screenshots of any display issues are more than welcome as I only have a couple of test devices. Please send them to [email protected]
Now get out there and destroy!
- added sfx for health/focus transitions
- fixed a minor flow control bug
- added some animation (including buttons and the health/focus bars)
- added facebook integration:
-- optionally allows you to post your victories on your wall
-- optionally reads your name and sends it to your opponents
- A few performance enhancements (incl reduced memory footprint)
- Reduced the overall package size