*** ROOT IS REQUIRED ***
*** CAUTION ***
This app may cause reboot for incompatible phone or kernel version. Don't try it when you're waiting for a phone call, etc ;)
*** CAUTION ***
*** IMPORTANT ***
2012-04-12 - About Razr ICS Webtop 3.0, Nebtop is not needed anymore. As I heard from some users that the Webtop option is there by plugging in the HDMI cable. Email me if it isn't the case.
This is for the high-end phones having Webtop 2.x, that is, Motorola! Note that since Ice Cream Sandwich, Webtop version became 3.x and Nebtop is not needed anymore.
Don't even try to hope that something will happen magically for other phones such as LG!
=== Description ===
This is an universal HDMI Webtop runtime MOD. If your phone has Webtop, you could activate Webtop and the virtual touch pad on the phone with just an HDMI cable.
No persistent change. No risk of brick.
Before buying the HD dock or Lapdock, you could use this app to preview what Webtop is and whether you really need it.
Although you could find the free version from the developer's site, if this app helps you and you like it, you could buy it to support my development.
I will always update the new version to here so that you could always look from here for the latest version.
*** TROUBLESHOOTING ***
1. Reported by my2Cents
For some Photon, the track pad is unresponsive(tapping the button has no change). Preliminary investigation shows two issues:
- /dev/input/by-id/touchscreen is missing but evbridge needs to open it.
- lshal doesn't show the aev and evfwd virtual devices that are the simulated device for the track pad to work.
Please contact me if you're using Photon and having this problem. I need your help to perform experiment on a Photon.
2. 2012-01-05(reported by James):
It is known that the "[root] live dmesg" app will prevent the dock picker activity from working thus you won't see any option to choose. Uninstall it completely(undo any change) then the dock picker should work again.
3. 2012-02-25(reported by Niel):
The Droid Wall app has known to be preventing the Firefox in Webtop to access the Internet. Please try to disable it if your Firefox failed to access to Internet.
The symptom is when the phone has entered Webtop mode, the track pad is not shown and evbridge is in a dead loop using 99% of CPU. See my web site for more information in the Nebtop Known Issue section. Workaround is available.
=== Tested device ===
Razr, Razr Maxx
=== Intended to work ===
All the rest of models and ROMs that has a workable Webtop!
=== Older change logs ===
- Experimental auto dock/undock for OMAP phones when the HDMI cable is connected/disconnected. This will fix the phone put on speaker issue if you forgot to unload after unplugging the HDMI cable.
- Supported Fax123's kernel.
- Improved kernel module loading compatibility for devices that has no loaded module.
- Increased modversion length so that it can load on more kernels.
- Auto-load when the HDMI cable is plugged or by a screen off->on trigger.
- Generalized yet experimental auto load and dock/undock when the HDMI cable is connected/disconnected or when the screen is turned off and on.
So the phone in speaker mode issue can be fixed automatically for all boards than just OMAP.