Neil Rajah is an auto-running side-scroller like Canabalt, Unicorn Dash, or Robot Unicorn Attack. Avoid traps, fight enemies, collect diamonds, buy upgrades.
* 80 challenging levels, more coming soon
* box2d for smooth, realistic physics
* Simple 2-button jump/shoot gameplay - easy to pick up, but the levels quickly become very hard
* Upgrade store where you can improve your abilities
* Achievements and online leaderboards
The story borrows loosely from Indian mythology. Your princess is abducted by the evil three-headed demon. She leaves a trail of diamonds to help you find her. Play through dozens of levels in a snowy mountain world as you battle monsters and avoid traps. Collect diamonds and use them to buy upgrades.
"Neil Rajah is a throwback to the classic days of video games, in which controls were simpler, 8bit graphics reigned supreme, all the best games were loosely based on mythology, and anything could kill you almost instantly." - Droid Idol
"... hands-down one of the best runner-style Android games we've played in a long time." - Swarm
"... the fascinating background story and accessible gameplay means you're guaranteed a successful action puzzle game." - AppEggs.com
New in this release:
* Stuck on a level? Now you can buy level unlockers in the Swarm store
* Lots of bug fixes
This game would not be possible without the following people:
* Alex Hanson-White for his amazing pixel art and animations
* Gavin Harrison for his awesome chiptune soundtrack and SFX
* The folks behind libGDX, Artemis, Gemserk, Swarm, and Tween Studio for their free open-source libraries that make it possible for someone like me to make games
In the last update, I had accidentally unlocked all levels and all upgrades. This has now been fixed.