Herd nerds through a distracting office space!
Help them avoid managers, deal with annoying paperwork, overcome their fear of sports, and chase down donuts, coffee and techie toys!
NerdHerder is an exciting new kind of motion-controlled table-top augmented reality puzzle game.
- Print out the game board from http://micronerd.net/print to get started.
- Point your phone at the gameboard and see a different office environment for each level of the game, right there in the world!
- Play the game using a virtual fishing rod attached to your phone, that you can use to pick up and dangle objects in front of the nerds to push or pull them through the office.
- Exercise your planning and action skills to herd the nerds back to their cubicles!
- Tabletop Augmented Reality game interface: The game levels appear to be in the world on the game board.
- Physical control: Interact by moving the phone around the board
- A combination of puzzle solving and physical skill
- 24 fun and challenging levels
- Built with Unity3D and Qualcomm's Vuforia Augmented Reality SDK
NerdHerder runs on recent high-end Android devices with fast CPUs and GPUs.
Nerdherder is an experimental game, created by students in the Augmented Reality Game Studio at Georgia Tech (made possible through the generous support of Qualcomm). This collaborative studio brings together students from the Georgia Institute of Technology, the Savannah College of Art and Design (Atlanta campus) and the Berklee College of Music.
Nerdherder grew out of our research into augmented reality game experiences, during which we created many different game prototypes (visit http://argamestudio.org to see videos of the other prototypes)
Please visit our website (http://www.micronerd.net/feedback) to tell us what you loved or hated about the game! As part of our research, we would also like to collect more detailed gameplay data. Inside the game, you will be given the option of sending us completely anonymous game play data. If you are willing, we'd also be delighted if you would fill out a survey at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/nerdherder
We hope you enjoy the game!
Use of this application is governed by the End User License Agreement at http://ael.gatech.edu/licenses/Nerdherder-EULA.pdf
1. Updated wall texture
2. Fixed the playtomic data collection bug
3. Updated credit page
4. Deleted the “Skip” button in the tutorial