For installation on any Android tablet*, NetSupport School Student for Android gives teachers the power to connect to each student in a NetSupport School managed classroom**, enabling real-time interaction and support.
- Student Register: The teacher can request standard and/or custom information from each student at the start of each class and create a detailed register from the information provided.
- Connecting to Students: The teacher can either browse for student tablets (from their desktop application) or allow students to connect directly to the relevant class from their Android device.
- Lesson Objectives: If provided by the teacher, once connected, students are presented with details of the current lesson, together with overall objectives and their expected learning outcomes.
- Sending Messages: The teacher can broadcast messages to one, selected, or all tablet devices.
- Chat: Both the student and the teacher can initiate a Chat session and participate in group discussions.
- Requesting Help: Students can discreetly alert the teacher when they require assistance.
- Class Surveys: Teachers can conduct on-the-fly surveys to gauge student knowledge and understanding. Students are able to respond in real-time to the survey questions posed and the teacher can then show results to the whole class.
- Question and Answer Module: Enables the teacher to conduct instant student and peer assessment. Deliver questions verbally to the class, then select students to answer – randomly, first to answer or in teams.
- File Transfer: Teachers can transfer files to and from a selected student tablet or multiple devices in a single action.
- Lock Screen: The teacher can lock students’ screens while presenting, ensuring student focus when required.
- Blank Screen: The teacher can blank student screens to gain attention.
- Show Screen: While presenting, the teacher can show their desktop to connected tablets, at which point students are able to use touch-screen gestures to pinch, pan and zoom in order to highlight key information when needed.
- Launch URLs: Remotely launch a selected website on one or multiple student tablets.
- Student Rewards: Remotely assign ‘rewards’ to students to recognise good work or behaviour.
- WiFi/Battery Indicators: View the current status of wireless networks and display battery strength for connected student devices.
- Configuration Options: Teachers can choose to pre-configure each Android tablet with the required classroom connectivity settings, or ‘push’ the settings out to each device from within the NetSupport School Tutor program.
Additionally, for supported devices:
- View thumbnails of all connected student tablets from the teacher PC.
- Zoom in to view a larger thumbnail of any selected student tablet.
- The teacher can discreetly view (Watch Mode) the screen of any connected student tablet.
Supported devices are from those vendors who have provided the additional access privileges needed for screen monitoring on their tablets. Currently:
Samsung – All devices shipped with Android 4.0 and above inc: Galaxy Tab, S3, S4, Note
ASUS - MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C. ASUS MeMo Pad ME102A
HP – All devices released since 01/01/14 inc: Slate21
Intel - TR10CD1/TR10CS1 tablets
Mecer – All devices inc: S7, S10-3G, S101, M785, X9711, X1010, X1011
Haier Pad 1043
* Android v4.0 or later
** NetSupport School Tutor application required
If you're new to NetSupport School, you also need to download the desktop Tutor component at www.netsupportschool.com which you can try for free for 30 days. The Tutor component is used to connect to, and manage the Android students within the classroom.
Note: The NetSupport School Student for Android can be used with existing NetSupport School licences (if there are sufficient unused licences). Alternatively, additional Android-only student licences can be purchased from your NetSupport reseller at a reduced cost.
Question and Answer Module: Conduct instant student and peer assessment. Deliver questions verbally to the class then select students to answer - randomly (pot luck), first to answer or in teams. Bounce questions, ask the class to peer assess a response and keep individual/team scores.
File Transfer: Teachers can now transfer files to/from a selected student tablet or multiple devices in a single action.
Launch at Startup: Launch the Student app automatically when the tablet is powered on.