Have you ever wondered, how your Cellular/WiFi connection compares to others in your region (country / state)?
This app provides two main features. It allows you to compare you network latencies with other users in your region (state/country).
The VideoTest feature loads a 30 second video randomly and analyzes the download performance of the video while it is being watched. This feature allows you to try videos of different resolutions to test your network with different video types.
- Performs Network Latency (Round Trip Times) Tests on your WiFi/Cellular Network.
- Video performance measurements with feedback about performance.
- Stores the history for time based analysis.
- Benchmarks your performance using data from your region.
- Secure Network Connection.
- Utilizes your bandwidth efficiently.
We have collected Network Delay Data (Round Trip Time Measurements) from thousands of cellular/WiFi based mobile users from across the world. When you use this App, it compares your network performance (in terms of network delay) with other users in your state/country. So, it gives you a realistic idea of the performance of your cellular/WiFi connection.
This application is a part of research done by WiNGS Lab at the Department of Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin - Madison.
Students :- Ashish Patro, Michael Griepentrog
Professor : Suman Banerjee
Thanks for using the app. Please send your feedback at [email protected]
- Big update to the application.
- Video Test + History logging functionality added.
- Get information about video performance on your network
- Also checkout the following link to get a global map for the RTTs: http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~patro/networkInfo/cellular_stats_map.html