Neutron is the professional music player with a high quality 32/64-bit audio rendering engine which provides the best possible sound quality on an Android device.
Neutron features a sophisticated UI with advanced controls for music playback along with high quality implementation of Parametric EQ, Surround, Crossfeed and other digital sound effects. It can play music from almost any source including network devices with SMB/CIFS or UPnP/DLNA® support.
Neutron is developed for audiophiles and those who really in love with music. Consider using Hi-Fi/Hi-End audio hardware for best results.
Get used to Neutron and have full control over your media library and sound!
* 32/64-bit audio processing (high quality HD audio).
* OS independent decoding and audio processing.
* Audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio), AVI (audio), iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM), OPUS.
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
* Voice audio format: SPEEX.
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
* CUE Sheet (.CUE files, metadata).
* Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
* Streaming audio (plays Internet Radio streams, supports metadata).
* Use Network device (NAS, PC, ...) with SMB/CIFS as music source.
* Use FTP server as music source.
* Use UPnP/DLNA® compatible device as music source.
* Output audio to UPnP/DLNA® compatible devices at up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution.
* 32-bit output on Android 5.0+.
* Parametric equalizer DSP (4 bands).
* Surround sound DSP (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.).
* Crossfeed DSP (for better stereo in headphones).
* Rumble Filter DSP (speaker overloading protection).
* Dithering DSP (minimize quantization).
* Pitch and Tempo DSP (playback speed and pitch correction).
* Normalization (best Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
* Replay Gain.
* Gapless playback.
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
* Phase inversion.
* High quality real-time resampling (when required): quality, audiophile.
* Mixing to Mono.
* Playback modes: shuffle, looped, single track, queue.
* Playlist management.
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, genre, year, rating, folder.
* Artist grouping by 'Album Artist' category.
* Folder mode.
* Unicode metadata support.
* Real-time multiband spectrum analyzer UI.
* Real-time RMS UI.
* Clock mode.
* Sleep timer.
* Wake timer.
* Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Français, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية.
* Optimized for: ARMv7 + VFP, ARMv7 + NEON, x86 + SSE2.
It is time limited (5 days) evaluation version. If you like Neutron you could buy it here: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp
Neutron is under active development. Technical support e-mail: [email protected]
Please report bugs by e-mail or through the forum. Your patience, help and participation are highly appreciated!
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to work with database in /Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp folder.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: to control playback when phone state changes.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: to generate unique hardware/account key for the license server.
- INTERNET: to support audio streaming over the Internet.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: to support ringtone change from Neutron.
* DLNA® is trademark of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
* A-B Repeat mode (Playback Mode settings).
* Updated all translations.
* Reset to Generic Driver due to buggy OpenSL ES on some devices.
* Ability to set background color (Appearance settings).
* Long press on UPnP/DLNA device entry to get its description/properties.
! Fixed some UI settings reset on restart.
! Fixed letters could become garbled.
! Fixed last track of Dynamic queue is not removed when played fully.
! Fixed Greek words uppercased incorrectly.
More in Release Notes.