CHECK OUT ALSO THEMES FOR TOTAL LAUNCHER BY HAWAKIVI
Tested and best fitted on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Make your Android Phone looks like a newspaper with this theme!
(Available for Portrait & Landscape Mode)
HOW TO APPLY A THEME?
Please leave comments / rate if you like it & send me emails for questions, critics and icons request :)
There are 9 different newspaper name shortcut icons :
(You can find them under Edit > Icon > Icon)
1. The Jakarta Post (Indonesia) - Default -
2. USA Today (US)
3. The Wall Street Journal (US)
4. The Guardian (UK)
5. Le Figaro (France)
6. Pravda (Russia)
7. The New York Times (US)
8. The Straits Times (Singapore)
9. Berliner Morgenpost Sport (German)
10. Others will be by request via email, just name the newspaper name and the country :)
(Please see instructions below to set the theme into desired styles)
1. Requirements :
- Android OS 2.2 (Froyo) or up.
- ssLauncher Original app installed.
2. Applying Theme :
- In ssLauncher go to Menu > Options > Apply Theme Packages
- Select Newspaper Theme to apply
3. Applying Layout :
- Unlock the homescreen by tapping the Lock/Unlock icon on the Menu.
- Long press the free area of the homescreen.
- Select Load Template to use the Cover Page from screenshot.
4. To change the newspaper shortcut icon (e.g : from the default "The Jakarta Post" into "USA Today" or others) :
Long-pressing the icon > Edit > Icon > Icon > Choose the "USA Today" icon .png. or others >Apply Settings > Apply Settings
5. To customize the newspaper shortcut target into your installed favorite newspaper app (e.g : from the default "The Jakarta Post" app into "USA Today" app, you must first have the "USA Today" app installed on your device, search google Play Store for your newspaper app) :
Long-pressing the icon > Edit > Target > Choose your installed favorite newspaper app > Apply Settings
Suggestion : Add some widgets to enrich your homescreen!
This theme blends good with these widgets!! :
1. Beautiful Widget
2. Minimalistic Text
3. Chrome Clock Widget
4. Simple RSS Widget ( I use this widget to make the theme more like a real newspaper with news feed )
5. Network Signal Info Widget
6. Calendar Widget
(Please be advised that the widgets above belong to their respective developers. Not me. You may have to download and install them separately from Google Play Store and refer all widgets settings respectively)
If you have any suggestion and critics, please email me at :[email protected]
(Thanks to CHYK - ssLauncher Developer)
= UPDATED June 2, 2013=
1. Resolved the icon pack issue.
2. Added new shortcut icons :
- Amazon, Berliner Morgenpost Sport, Ebay Kleinanzeigen, Flashlight, Gumtree, iliga, MP3player, Navigation, S Note, Shazam, The New York Times, The Strait Times,
= UPDATED April 19, 2013=
1. Added 30 new shortcut styles icons.
2. Added 2 home pages.
3. Added 2 layout templates.
4. Some minor fixes.