This application launches the hidden field test mode/Sprint hidden settings for the Nexus 5 (North American model D820 with stock ROM only).
The app allows you to view detailed network information (LTE/CDMA/EVDO/1xRTT on any provider that supports it) and change Sprint specific settings on the phone.
Root access is only required to change settings without knowing MSL in 4.4.2 and earlier. In 4.4.3 and later, root is required for everything due to a change by Google
- Ability to view virtually all CDMA cell tower info
- Ability to view virtually all LTE cell tower info (Any LTE provider worldwide)
- Enable/disable band 26 and 41 LTE, set priority of LTE bands
- Edit settings without MSL (REQUIRES ROOT!)
- View MEID/ESN on CDMA networks
- Many more!
For support, please visit this thread on XDA Developers:
WARNING:Although this app itself cannot change any settings, the hidden pages it launches may be able to cause irreversible damage to your phone if used incorrectly. Please ensure you know what you are doing before changing any settings!
What's new in 3.2:
- Added Android 4.4.4 support
What's new in 3.1:
- Fixed missing Android testing menu item in 4.4.3
What's new in 3.0:
- Support Android 4.4.3 (root required for all functionality due to a change by Google)
- Add donate link
What's new in 2.0:
- Enable LTE bands without knowing MSL! (root only)
- Edit various settings (root only)
What's new in 1.5:
- Added menu item to go into Android testing settings
- Made error message display if the field test application is missing