With NFC Profile you can switch system settings like WiFi connectivity on and off with a simple touch of a NFC tag. If you are tired of switching off your WiFi and turning your ringer to silent at night just to do the opposite on the next morning NFC Profile is just the app for you. Choose what you want to enable/disable on tag detection and write your Profile to a common NFC tag. What took several working steps every day now only takes a second if you touch your trigger tag.
Keep in mind that you need a formatted rewritable NFC tag or card for this application to work.
The most spread NFC tags out there are Mifare tags and you can order them easily online: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10131
NFC Profile is Open Source and licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0) License. You can find the project source at: https://github.com/MarioBoehmer/NFCProfile
- Fixed TimePicker custom layout bug and reverted to system TimePicker on Gingerbread devices (below Android version 3.0)
- Fixed a bluetooth bug for devices pre Honeycomb (below Android version 3.0)
- enable/disable airplane mode on tag detection
- start an external app on tag detection
- configured profile is now written to tag and allows multiple profiles to be activated by different tags
- enable/disable Bluetooth on tag detection