The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has developed this free app as a useful offline reference for the British National Formulary (BNF).
The NICE BNF app is currently only available to NHS staff in England, Scotland and Wales.
Aimed at pharmacists, doctors, nurses, social care professionals and other healthcare professionals who prescribe and administer medicines, the app provides easy offline access to-up-to-date practical information on prescribing, dispensing and administrating medicines.
To use the NICE BNF app for the first time and to activate any content updates, you will need to enter your NHS Athens user name and password.
Users in England can register for an NHS Athens account by selecting the Journal and Database section on NHS Evidence.
Users in Scotland can register for an NHS Athens account by visiting The Knowledge Network website and selecting the login option at the top of the homepage.
Users in Wales register for an NHS Athens account by visiting the NHS Wales e-Library for health website and selecting the Athens option on the homepage.
Social care staff who meet the NHS Athens eligibility criteria can also download and access the content.
• Browse and search offline up-to-date content from the British National Formulary (BNF)
• Optimised for Android phones and tablets
• Auto-complete search with filters for chapters, monographs, interactions and preparations
• Update notifications when new editions or updates are available
• Content bookmarking
• Accessible reading features
What's new in version 4.4:
- Fixed issue causing blank content pages for some users following updates