A photo widget that supports semi-transparency and optional frame of any color
- Minimalistic style
- Frameless semi-transparent photo display on home screen (supports Android 2.2 or higher)
- Retaining of the photo's aspect ratio (never improperly stretches or cuts off any part of it)
- Customizable photo frame of any color you like
- Slideshow of all photos in a directory (customizable photo update interval: every 10 seconds, every minute, every hour, every day, etc.)
- Built-in photo cropping and rotating
- Free zooming mode for viewing photos with intuitive gestures (e.g. pinch to zoom for Android 2.0 or higher)
- Four different widget sizes: 2x2, 2x4, 4x2, 4x4
How to use:
This is a widget for your homescreen (desktop). To use it, please follow these simple steps.
For newer versions of Android (e.g. 4.0), you may drag and drop a Nice Simple Photo item from the Widgets tab of your app list to the home screen. You may refer to this demonstration video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAWx7gsJ-o
For older versions (e.g. 2.3.3) you can long press (i.e. tap and hold) on any empty space on your home screen, then select Widgets and choose a Nice Simple Photo item.
Different items correspond to different widget sizes.
Tapping the widget will open the configuration screen. You can configure the widget and browse the photos which are in the same directory of the currently selected photo there. You can add more than one "Nice Simple Photo Widget" to your home screen and each of them can have its own unique appearance settings.
*NOTE* If the photo does not update properly, please exclude this widget from any task killer app that you might be using. You can also try to remove this widget from your homescreen and add it back again, and see if it solves the problem.
- New feature: Now you can use a photo viewer app of your choice to view a photo when you single-tap on it on the photo browsing interface
- New feature: Now the slideshows can optionally show all photos in the sub-directories as well
- New feature: Added the "every 4 hours" slideshow interval
- Rearranged the options so that the slideshow options are now separated from the single-photo display option
- Fixes, etc...
Complete changelog can be found int he in-app readme.