The program allows you to conduct a rapid assessment of the severity of neurological deficits in stroke scales with the National Institutes of Health Stroke.
- The calculation of the minimum number of clicks
- Pictures for the diagnosis of aphasia
- Export results (Available only in the full version)
- The proper support for devices with different screen sizes (including tablet PC) has been done
- Ability to manually change the language of the program
The application is available in the following languages:
Example of detailed test report:
Patient's ID: Smith J.
Date & Time: 01/02/2013 00:14
Level of Consciousness: 2. Not alert; Only responsive to repeated or strong and painful stimuli
Level of Consciousness: Questions: 1. Answers one question correctly
Level of Consciousness: Commands: 1. Performs one task correctly
Best Gaze: 1. Partial gaze palsy; gaze is abnormal in one or both eyes, but forced deviation or total gaze paresis is not present
Visual: tests visual fields: 2. Complete hemianopia
Facial Palsy: 2. Partial paralysis (total or near-total paralysis of lower face)
Motor Right Arm: 2. Some effort against gravity; limb maintain 90 (or 45) degrees, drifts down
Motor Left Arm: 2. Some effort against gravity; limb maintain 90 (or 45) degrees, drifts down
Motor Right Leg: 2. Some effort against gravity; leg falls to bed by 5 seconds
Motor Left Leg: 2. Some effort against gravity; leg falls to bed by 5 seconds
Limb Ataxia: 2. Present in two limbs
Sensory: 1. Mild-to-Moderate sensory loss; patient feels the pinprick, however he or she feels as if it is duller on one side
Best Language: 2. Severe aphasia; all speech is fragmented, and examiner is unable to extract the figure's content from the patients speech
Dysarthria: 2. Severe dysarthria; speech is so slurred that he or she cannot be understood, or patients that cannot produce any speech
Extinction and Inattention: 1. Visual, tactile, auditory, spatial, or personal inattention
25 points on the NIHSS. Severe stroke.
Any suggestions, inquiries, and requests for adding other languages are welcomed by e-mail to [email protected]
with the "Android-NIHSS" mark in the subject line.
Please, help us to make the application available in your own language.
- Fixed bugs
- Added progress bar
- Now the result is calculated on a scale after each question
- Changed the algorithm and application design
- Added new interface languages
- Fixed bugs
- Added the possibility of recommending the program to friends
- Optimized to work with different orientations of the screen