This app allows you to create a central and easy-to-use control system on your smartphone or tablet. The user-friendly interface gives the resident access to all the functions of the Niko Home Control installation, such as lighting, roll-down shutters, gates, heating and ventilation. Also information about the electricity, gas and water consumption will be displayed on the screen.
What do I need?
Niko Home Control is available in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, UK, Slovakia and Sweden. A Niko Home Control installation with IP interface connected to your wireless home network is necessary for indoor control. For remote control, a Niko Home Control gateway needs to be installed between the IP interface and the local network. The installation needs to be upgraded using the Niko Home Control programming software version 1.4.5 (or more recent).
Minimum Android smartphone SW version 2.3.3 or tablet version 3.2.
• Automatic IP detection.
• Simulation mode possible.
• Control from outside your home if gateway available and account created.
• Automatic adjustment on the screen of your Android smartphone or tablet.
• Automatic rotation of the screen.
• Split window for tablets: manage your rooms on the left and control your installation on the right OR place two consumption readings next to one another.
All assigned/programmed actions are listed per location. Shuffle them around to prioritise your locations and actions. Change names or select a different symbol from the library. Remotely control your (dimmed) lights, ventilation, roll-down shutters, sun blinds or thermostat. Instant feedback.
Select your favourite actions from the complete list of actions. The name of the selected location is indicated under the name of the action.
View your live energy consumption or the live yield of your solar panels. Check your historic consumption of electricity, gas or water or the historic yield of your solar panels. View on daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis and immediately compare with the previous period. Convert to euros or pounds to view the related cost.
Check the notes and information of the installation, reset to the initial programming, modify your log-in data or view the support information.
Control your Niko Home Control installation while you are away from home with the new remote control service! (only works if you have a Niko Home Control gateway installed in your electrical cabinet)
• Create an account and register your gateway at www.niko.eu/remotecontrolservice.
• Set your log-in and password for the remote control service using the settings menu of the Niko Home Control app.
• Select a connection preference: WiFi and/or a mobile network.
• When (re)started, the app automatically searches for a WiFi hotspot. If there are none available, it connects via a mobile network.
• The status of your installation is automatically refreshed. Would you like more frequent status updates? Then press the refresh button or pull the screen downward.
• Feedback function: a rotating wheel indicates that your adjustment is being applied. Upon completion, you will receive a notification of the new status.
• Follow your live consumption by clearly highlighting the regularly measured values.
By downloading the Android app for Niko Home Control, you accept the terms and conditions of the Niko Home Control app (Android) which you can find on www.niko.eu under “Legal & privacy”.
- Optimised battery use
- Improved connection:
• always local first
• indicates with which network it is connected
• switch to remote connection possible at any moment
• improved connection with external video unit
- Problems with door communication's ring tone volume solved
- Problems with ring tones keeping ringing after answering call, solved
- bug fixing
When changing network it can take up to 15 min before an Android device in sleep mode reconnects to installation.