"Notifier for ebay" is a small, fast and secure app that reminds you of ending ebay items and lets you easily keep track of them. There is no ebay account information needed in order to use this app. Simply add items using the ebay item number (see screenshots) and easily keep track of the listings progress like new bids, price and time left. Don't miss out on items anymore, this app will notify you in time.
Note: If you already use the official ebay app, you may not really need this one, but if you don't like to enter your ebay user name and password, you might like this one.
- add items to your watch list
- simple way of keeping track of interesting ebay items
- automatic notifications for listings soon to end
- offline notifications (no active internet connection required in order to be notified, unlike the official ebay app)
- completed listings are kept in a separate list
Thats about it. simple.
- enable/disable notifications
- set the time in minutes you want to be notified prior to a listings end
- choose the ebay site you want to use (e.g. ebay US, ebay Germany, ebay Australia, etc.)
I developed this app, because i wanted a lightweight app to simply keep listings in mind without the need of sensitive account information.
I hope you enjoy it.
*** Info on Permissions ***
Often users are concerned about the use of permissions in an app, i want to clarify the usage of potentially unexpected permissions required by this app:
- Automatic start at boot
Only used to reset notifications because they are cleared by the android system while rebooting. The app is only resetting the notifications and shutting down again. So there are no resources actually consumed, unless a user actually starts the app.
- modify SD card contents
Required to store icons of ebay listings on the sd card in order to not reload them from the web every time you start the app. This saves network traffic, and an icon will be deleted from SD card as soon as the according listing gets removed by the user.
Tags: ebay, reminder, notification, alerting, alarm, bookmarks, watch list, monitoring, tracker