Memorize the Bible with this scripture memorization aide.
- Select a verse from the spinners at the top of the page
- Tap the verse reference to swap between verse reference and verse text.
- The hint option will show just the first five (adjustable) words of a verse.
- Available versions: KJV, NIV, NKJV, NASB, HCSB; KJV New Testament is pre-cached. Other versions require caching from the database menu.
- Tap '+Verse' or '+Chap' to save verses for review (in 'MyVerses' mode)
- Tap 'VotD' for a random verse of the day if you need an idea for verses to learn
- Increment/Random/MyVerses: define how to determine the next verse when you swipe right-to-left or get a verse correct (from selecting [Check])
-'Increment' proceeds sequentially through a book;
-'Random' proceeds randomly through a book;
-'MyVerses' proceeds randomly (weighted by performance) by user-added verses.
This application will help you learn one verse at a time ( function similar to flash cards ). Add learned verses that can be referenced from the MyVerses option. When reviewing 'MyVerses', draw a 'Check' gesture if you know the verse, and a 'Caret' (shift-6 on US keyboards) gesture if you have difficulty with the verse. The program will show trouble verses more frequently. You can add either a single verse or a whole chapter to the database for 'MyVerses'.
-added option for screen-on persistence
-added hot edges for quicker increment of verse
-added search page to menu options
-per request, swiping left-to-right will decrement verse when mode is set to 'increment'
-removed internet permission
-modified algorithm for picking next 'MyVerse' based on scoring (skewed to show trouble verses more frequently)
-added buttons to database menu to either export MyVerses to .csv or clear current scores of saved verses
-added Verse of the Day (VotD) button to randomly choose a pre-selected verse. (helpful if you don't want to memorize a whole chapter or book and don't know where to start)
-added database option to clear cached translations
-added ability to cache entire translations for offline view from database menu option
-fixed bug for Psalms & Song of Solomon
-added Old Testament option
-enlarged seek bar for hint length
-More bug fixes for non-KJV versions
-Fixed issue where non-KJV versions were unable to parse verse correctly.
1) added new version, HCSB
2) added backup/restore database function
3) added share verse function (can disable app signature from settings)
4) moved stats to info section (changed from toast message to dialog box)
-- finally got around to adding landscape layout
1) fixed verse formatting for many verses in NASB & NIV
1) modified string parsing to handle format change of website from which I am pulling Bible verses
2) bug fixes
1) added statistics on performance of 'MyVerses'
1) added persistent state (remember verse, version, mode as opposed to always opening to default verse)
2) bug fixes
1) 'reverse' preference setting to show verse text before reference
2) when 'hint' selected, tap once for hint, tap again for whole verse
3) swipe 'left to right' to display the previous verse
4) verse scoring is now tracked 'real-time' instead of being updated on app load
5) bug fixes
Why Memorize Scripture ?
Eccl 12:13-- "...Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."
James 1:22-- "But be ye doers of the Word..."
Man is called to obedience of his Word. How can we follow his Word if we don't know it.
Psalms 119:11 "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Added option for screen-on persistence.